Wednesday, May 09, 2007

It's at times like these ........

I have ordered a new exhaust manifold gasket and a timing disc so that I can cure the blowing from the exhaust manifold and be ready if necessary to "time the cam in" which sounds like another voyage of discovery for me.

I also noticed the vacuum pipe had come adrift so I put that back as after all, it certainly won't have been helping.

Having had a little time to reflect I have also re-torqued the cylinder head tonight after advice from friends on the Club Triumph forum.

I then confidently turned the key to fire the car up and, of course, it rewarded me by refusing to start! Now it won't run at all.

It is at times like these that the only sensible thing to do is to go to the local hostelry in my role as part of the "3 Amigos" pub quiz team and forget about TR7s for a while.

No comments: