Monday, September 18, 2006

End of play day 4



End of day 4 and it's all wired up, oil's in it, the new electric fan is fitted, water's in (but needs checking once it'a run a bit) and time to fire it up!

Only, it won't - it'll turn over but no sign of it firing up.

Having given 4 days of my life to this I couldn't face trying to sort it out so that's it for a while.

No doubt I will return to the fight in a couple of days or so but for now, I know when it's time to take a break.

Concerns - the water pump looks dodgy but we couldn't get the cover off so we left it. I may well pay for that.

There's a bolt on the exhaust manifold that just turns rather than tighten so there'll probably be some blowing by that.

The damned broken bolt in the inlet manifold is a recipe for air leaks.

The carbs are the infamous waxstat type.

It still won't run.

In addition there's far too many "bodges" for my liking.


The pluses - it really looks the business! It turns over so we must have got the wiring right to some extent!

It has really been brought home to me what great friends I have - thanks for their help to Jon Ranwell, Dave Marshall, Andrew Rapson (and his dad!), Paul Darbyshire and several others who ahve helped with advice over the Club Triumph forum.

No comments: