Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Now we are getting somewhere

Fitted the disc assembly back to the car first.

Then it was onto the seats again. I followed my plan and swapped the seats over with their mountings and installed the driver's side. Sounds easy but I can assure you it wasn't!

I had bought 12 new bolts earlier in the day for £1.50 as the original mounting bolts had now seen better days having been in and out so many times!

Anyway, the driver's side is in and so I at last had a chance to drive the car for the first time in ages. I took it easy as the car was full of tools, the passenger seat was loose in the car and there was general debris everywhere - also I felt sure one of the tyres was a bit down.

Still, in the 1 mile test drive I think the brakes are improved and the seat position feels great - sat well up and in control.

Next I need to sort out the passenger seat, try the seating our with a helmet on in case it's too high and then generally tidy everything up. I should make "The Little Devils" tho with the car looking like a real competition car!

No comments: