Anyway, back to the point. Yes, I collected the 2000 yesterday and have to say it was all a bit of a shock.
I didn't actually enjoy the experience as I thought I would. 18 months without drivng meant I was a bit wary of myself and then the car I chose to use is 1969 technology meaning getting the choke right is a bit of an art and keeping the car running at junctions etc until warmed up was something I could have done without.
Still, I made it home and then to the Pendle and Pennine meeting where that kind gent, Mike Helm acted in the interests of road safety - see the pics below!
Today though I drove over 250 miles - a round trip to see my mum as I couldn't get to her birthday last weekend and then to a bonfire party my daughter invited me too.
The more I drove the better it got and certainly on the way to Derbyshire the drive through Chatsworth, Bealey village, and Ashover was very very good - PMW sounds great and flicking in and out of overdrive was great too.
A few things need doing to the car though
- I must fit the discs I have so that I can stop the brake judder.
- The electrical connection on the windscreen washer pump needs fixing so that they work!
- It really must get washed and cleaned.
- The car doesn't pull as cleanly as it should - investigation of carb set up needed here.
- It definitely needs a larger alternator as with anything electrical in use the volts drop (I have two good second hand ones off TR7s so I'll swap one over)