Saturday, August 27, 2016

Not one bit of progress

Returned to the pipe to the waterpump.

The connection showed both
  1. Spanner loose finger tight
  2. Will not begin to thread
So I disconnected the pipe at the other end where the inlet manifold has a dodgy broken bit (gulp) to see if that would help me manipulate it and line it up so meaning I could tread it then. NO! 
 
After half an hour I stopped as big spanners would have been thrown around if I continued.

Next I think I will take the inlet manifold off completely so I can move the pipe around and have more chance of getting it lined up perfectly so that the little darling might then start to thread - what a happy day that will be.

I'll worry about other connections after that and of course ultimately whether the waterpump has helped with the overheating.

Oh, and if you remember dear reader I said last week how all this makes me remember how much I love my Rover 214i. No change this week!

No comments: