Saturday, August 20, 2016

Walk away

My 2000 is running too warm for my liking - at 3/4 on the temp gauge with the electric fan on all the time.

So I decided to swap the waterpump as it has a new radiator as well as thermostat.

Here's dismantling underway which was fairly straight forward. Hoses undone, bolts coming out etc.
Then before you know it the pump is off the car and swapped for a new one.




Replacement is a simple reversal of the removal. Well it's not actually, or at least not in this case. Getting the bolts and brackets etc back in the right sequence was a bit of a trial taking two or three attempts.

Then when all that was done I realised the pipe taking water to the inlet manifold under the carbs wasn't attached. The pump had to comeoff again to get it in place and then no matter how I tried I couldn't get the nut that holds it on to thread - see below.
Oh, and I managed to lose my favourite screw driver out of a set I have had for years. Now that's impossible but for now that's just how it is.

Meanwhile the gasket between pump and head tore a little bit and I am hoping I can get away with it. I should have remembered to order this gasket as well but I am where I am.

It was at that point I decided to walk away. We will see what next week brings.

I do have to say that the more I work on Triumphs the more I love my Rover!

No comments: