My 2000 is running too warm for my liking - at 3/4 on the temp gauge with the electric fan on all the time.
So I decided to swap the waterpump as it has a new radiator as well as thermostat.
Here's dismantling underway which was fairly straight forward. Hoses undone, bolts coming out etc.
Replacement is a simple reversal of the removal. Well it's not actually, or at least not in this case. Getting the bolts and brackets etc back in the right sequence was a bit of a trial taking two or three attempts.
Then when all that was done I realised the pipe taking water to the inlet manifold under the carbs wasn't attached. The pump had to comeoff again to get it in place and then no matter how I tried I couldn't get the nut that holds it on to thread - see below.
Meanwhile the gasket between pump and head tore a little bit and I am hoping I can get away with it. I should have remembered to order this gasket as well but I am where I am.
It was at that point I decided to walk away. We will see what next week brings.
I do have to say that the more I work on Triumphs the more I love my Rover!