Saturday, March 03, 2007
Bits and pieces
Good to get the car out from under the car port again.
I am making steady progress but most of it unseen. I replaced all the fuel pipes with braided hoses today and put in a new fuel filter. These are the things that make the car more reliable but take time to do.
In addition though, I also fitted the centre instrument cowling with the new panel in it and it looks pretty damned good - thanks Bryce!
I took my time with this as there was lots of fiddly wiring etc during the installation but here it is. The oil gauge is in and working (the pressure part of it - the temp will have to wait some time), it even illuminates now! The cut off switch is mounted but is still work in progress at the moment. I have even managed to get the panel lights working for the first time in years.
It's really possible to see the competition car coming out now - switchgear at the top, the new panel with cut out switch etc and the co-driver's bracing panel in the left footwell.
Some more interior stuff needed and then a new uprated radiator are the next prioroities.