The navigators foot rest is now bolted in as can be seen here.
Each time I do something like this I can see the car getting closer to being ready - another milestone on the way.
In addition you may have noticed that the radio cassette has now been removed too. Whilst I did this I also removed the wiring to the electric aerial on the nearside rear wing.
The aerial had to go too and the hole filled with a suitable grommet.
Here are the said items and between them they weighed 2 kilos so it's a worthwhile weight saving.
I'll be keeping them tho just in case I ever get the spare TR7 back on the road.
In the meantime one thing logically leads to another in car prep - I will now be removing the door speakers as obviously they are not needed and that will be another weight saving. I have an idea for covering the holes which should work out nicely.
I also need to remove some of the excess wiring from where the radio cassette was and make up a panel - this will house the oil pressure gauge and the extinguisher pull switch in due course.