Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The wheel thing

I asked for advice on Minilite type wheels on the forum as I want to build up another set for later rallying exploits.

Not only do I get advice but also an offer on a set of nearly new ones!

So I have borrowed one to trial fit and see if I like them.

Well, I wanted 6J wheels with more offset to fill out the wheel arches a bit more and widen the track a little. These are 5.5J wheels and you can see them in the photos (new ones black, old ones 5J silver).

They do stand about 10mm further out than my 5J wheels so they widen the track but still don't fill those wheel arches much more - that's not too bad tho you as there will be alot of suspension travel during rallies and clearance is a good thing.

Anyway, I am thinking over whether to buy them or not at the moment. It's probably better to wait to the weekend when I can see the effect in daylight.





No comments: