Monday, April 10, 2006

Fettling

Great word is fettle - and that's what I am now able to do as BRP is back under my carport.

So, first off there's the question of fitting the strut brace I had for Xmas. The works 16valve cars had them but they were functional bits of kit made up in the workshop whereas mine is a work of art made in Australia by Whitleine Automotive. It was a pleasure to fit, everything is well made and goes straight on - plus it looks great.






Then I moved on to look at the wiring jobs I need to do. One need will be more power feeds for various bits of equipment in the future but the fuse box is tucked at the back of the glove box and it isn't easy to take any extra wiring off it. Still, my mate Dave is visiting us (along with his wife) for a relaxing weekend but as he is a dab hand with a soldering iron he is going to help me out. So, this evening, in preparation I have removed the fusebox from it's hideyhole and it is now dangling in the footwell, ready for Dave.



You may remember the slight problem with the headlamp switch in Italy. Well I need to put that right and add in some relays, switches etc for more bits and pieces of rally equipment so I am fabricating a new switch panel and fitting some rather flass LED toggle switches. This evening finished off with me accessing the wiring and measuring up where the new panel should go etc - you can see a mock up in the picture.





Things were going so well I thought about pushing on but I know this is a dangerous moment - beast to quit while you are ahead and come back to the job again, so that's what I have done.

No comments: