Saturday, August 29, 2015

New purchase - Rover 214i

I have gone and bought another car!

Incredibly cheap for such a gorgeous little car. Only one owner before me who bought it using the Rover employee scheme and then cosseted it until he passed away. It's only done 53000 miles and I can only find 3 small blemishes on it.

I know about the head gasket failure syndrome but I am hopeful I will be lucky with this one and it has had it's coolant chnged very regularly through it's life. Also the cam belt was changed less than a thousand miles ago.

Many years ago now I had an early Rover 414Si as a company car and I loved it. I feel the same about this one!

Here's a number of photos for you to feast your eyes on. The last one is with the only modifications I intend to make to it, the Rover alloy wheels.




Original Rover Radio cassette - and it works like everything else on the car


Jack and wheel brace still in original wrapping

With Rover alloy wheels

2 comments:

vitessesteve said...

Looks very tidy. Would those wheels fit the TR7?

Martin Randle said...

Don't know Steve but they are 4 x 100mm. I have 3 spares so I'll check them out.

They probably will because they are 15" like the MGF wheels people often fit to TR7s