I have been having all sorts of problems getting PMW to run anything like right, so much so that I need a recovery truck to get me home recently.
The engine was easy enough to turn when I assembled it and it starts easily so I don't think there's an issue there.
I have checked the timing out but whilst
trying to adjust it I kept getting shocks off the dizzy cap so I put an
old one on. Then I put the old coil on.
Then I realised that the clamp bolt had been really too easily undone - it was probably too loose and the timing had slipped.
So, re set it to 8 BTDC and went for a run.
bad, didn't want to tick over but picked up well and also pulled all
the way up to 4500 RPM no problems - then "tinkle" and a massive
Still had drive though so cautiously got home having done only 5 miles and it's obvious a propshaft UJ has gone AWOL
The engine running issues have now moved down the priority list.
Next will be to remove the propshaft and get that sorted. Whilst the car is up on stands/ramps I'll also fit new diff mounting bushes I bought some time ago. I bet that will be fun!
This car is really beginning to test me now