In this last week whilst I have been away for work two more essentials have been delivered. Here in the picture is the reconditioned diff for PMW (not unwrapped yet) and the off side wheel arch repair panel.
These are tucked away for now as priority is with UNJ because I am using that much sooner than I will be PMW!
At the North Yorkshire Triumph Weekend there is a run out ovver some great roads and whilst the car was OK it did on occasion start to hold back. Comment from a friend following was that the car seemed to be running rich so today I took the air filter assembly off to get to the mixture adjusting nuts under the carbs.
I turned them "up" two flats which should raise the jets up into the carb and weaken the mixture. Followed by reassembly in the best traditions of the reverse of the previous process! Here it is half way way back together.
A run out later didn't seem very conclusive although it certainly wasn't worse so that's not a bad thing. It did die at a junction and wasn't happy at ticking over so I adjusted the slow running speed screws.
I have an electronic ignition kit for the car but never fitted it. I am now thinking thatit might not be a bad idea to get round to fitting it. Anyway, the car's reliable enough I think.
Next thing is I should really do something about some of the rust issues before they become a bigger problem. Oh well, always something to do.