Monday, August 26, 2013

A joy to drive

I had the two front wheels balanced at work and refit them on Saturday - there is a problem in that the weights are knocked off the inside of the wheel as there is so little clearance to the brake caliper.

I solved this by sticking new weights on right on the rim but there is still a wheel wobble at 50MPH or so but at least it's not as bad as it was.

What was frustrating though was that I had left the sidelights on all week so UNJ's battery was absolutely flat and I only have a battery conditioner so it took two days to recharge it. Then I just managed to get it to start before the battery lost all power again but once going there was no looking back.

A great day to go for a run of about 30 miles and apart from the reduced wheel balance problem the car feels good to go - in fact a joy to drive.

Even the radio works!

No comments: