Saturday, June 23, 2007

Good news but there's always something

BRP passed it's test :-)

As the tester said - it failed for "something and nothing" so it wasn't too much of a trial thankfully.

The tester did comment that the car was nearly as old as him!

Then when I took the car for a quick drive on the way home two young boys waved and smiled. As I had the window wound down I heard one of them shout "nice car Mister!". There you go - different generations but we all like TR7s.


Now, onto the leaking top hose/radiator saga.

Following a tip from my brother, (thanks Harvey) I pulled the hose back away from the radiator as far as was sensible and then re-connected it. The theory being that this might give me the chance to see if it was the radiator that was leaking at the soldered joint.

And it did! You can just see here the leak at the base of the joint with the inlet and the radiator side panel. I could actually see it bubbling.

So, the radiator is now off the car and will be going back for repair on Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your title ....but there's is always something " is true but at the end (the date is unknown of course..) the TR7 is "concours level" but now we have time because no new sport cars is full of pleasure. The rules to respect on the roads make tr7 one of the best car
to own
to do always something
to drive with top pleasue
best regards and thank's for your visit on my blog
http://triumphtr7cabriolet.over-blog.fr/