Monday, January 02, 2006

Walking is a funny thing

Over the holidays I have been doing a fair bit of walking - over 2 1/2 hours the other afternoon in drizzle.

Then today on the Pennine Way for a couple of hours, again in the dim light of an overcast january day with drizzle coming down.

Mind you, it does teach the benefits of reading your map right which is a useful skill in the old rallying game. Made a mistake today which cost me some time (but doesn't matter like it would on a rally) but what really bothered me is that it is my legs that are the engine and climbing a hill to come back down again when you realsie you read the map wrong brings it home to you!

Having said all that, 2 hous plus out in the elements gave me a sense of achievement and it's great to be out there.

From tomorrow it's back to the normal frantic work routine

No comments: