Saturday, April 30, 2005

Loose nuts!

Just an hour on the car today but well worthwhile.

After doing all the suspension work and covering 250 miles I thought it was sensible to check all the fixings on the rear suspension. Found 2 nuts and bolts on the rear lower arms that needed a bit of tightening but the nut on the bottom of the offside shock absorber was very loose - I am glad I checked it all.

Then I modified an exhaust bracket to raise the exhaust by 1/2 an inch and adjusted one of the clamps to ensure the nuts on it were facing upwards rather than downwards so giving that extra bit of ground clearance - it all helps.

Next will be adjusting the tyre pressures and testing that out to see what effect it has on the tyre squealing, complete the service and fit up the new brake discs and calipers when my mate Kevin drops them off.

Hopefully all in time for an autotest in 2 weeks time.

No comments: